Wildfire Evacuation Checklist
Have an evacuation plan:
- Familiarize yourself with evacuation routes (from Fallbrook for example)
- North – DeLuz Rd. to Temecula
- South – S. Mission Rd. or Olive Hill Rd. to Hwy 76
- East – E. Mission Rd. or Reche Rd. to I-15
- West – Ammunition Rd. thru Naval Weapons Station/ Camp Pendleton
- Have a rendezvous point to meet family members and others.
Make a “To Go” Kit – the “Eight P’s”:
- People & Pets
- Medical Apparatuses, sanitizers, mask, etc.
- Extra food and meds for pets
- Papers, Phone numbers, documents
- Prescriptions, vitamins, eyeglasses
- Pictures & irreplaceable memorabilia
- Personal computers (information on hard drive)
- “Plastic”, i.e. credit cards, ATM cards, health provider cards and cash
- Personal & comfort items, i.e. extra clothing, toiletries, pillows/bedding, etc.
- Provisions, i.e. food, snacks, water, etc.
Prepare your Home:
- Shut all windows and doors.
- Lock exterior doors.
- Leave your lights on so firefighters can see your house under smokey conditions.
- IF YOU HAVE TIME CONSIDER:Shut off gas at meter, turn pilot lights off.Shut off air conditioner.
- Gather up flammable items and bring them inside the house of garage, i.e trash cans, patio furniture, garden hoses, etc.
- DON’T leave water on or running.
- Turn off propane tanks.
- Walk around the house to double check all of the above
- TIME PERMITTING, use fire-resistant materials (plywood) to cover up vulnerable areas on house, i.e. windows, vents, doggie doors, etc.
- Don’t wait to be told to leave, LEAVE EARLY — Leaving early makes it safer for you, your property and First Responders.
- Egress AWAY from fire.
- Follow evacuation enforcement agency’s directives.